Sunday, June 15, 2008

Be not Ashamed

"For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes..." (Romans 1:16)

I was looking up some verses for one of my friends and came across this. We are not to be ashamed of the Good News. Just like Peter, I would easily say "Lord, I would never deny you." But the truth is that I would probably be more prone to finish the story out the way Peter did... he denied him three times and was ashamed. But when Paul wrote this verse in Romans he was saying that he was not ashamed and was not going to be.

How easy it is in our comfort to be not ashamed, to almost let pride seep in when surrounded by Christians and church-going folk. But much more challenging is the game of "faith" when surrounded by those who understand not the morals for which we stand.

No comments:

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States