Sunday, May 11, 2008

MY sister

I always find it intriging how long my sister and I can go without seeing each other and still be great friends. I sure do miss her while we are away, but being together is just like always, except now I am more of the person that I remember her to be. I am the antsty teenager hanging in coffee shops and spending all my money on traveling. I see her now, and know that only a few years down the road I will be where she is. I suppose I will be a mama and I will smile at younger girls who become me, who complete the circle of life we follow.

I respect my sister with all that she is. She, at this time of her life is a fast paced, smiling, cooking, reading, blogging mama... and she is happy. She seems content where she is, something I am desperatly trying to learn. And although I look up to her as a mama... she is still just my sister. She is the same one that played doll house with me and dressed me up and held me the few times I decided to cry. She looks the same to me, despite the bulging belling. While I was visiting her, a few times people said we looked alike, that made me smile because... being little I was so different in my appearance... now I can prove I am not adopted!

I find that the older I get, the more I relate to my sister. I think we are bound to equal out at some point, I have spent years trying to catch up. As a little girl I just wanted to be her, and in some ways I think I have become her... she has just moved on again. Ahh, so I keep on running. I love our age difference, I didn't always, but I do now. She has insight that I cant see. She grew up in my family, in my house, with my parents. She has experienced the things I am going through and when I remember that... she is a big help.

I love my sister, and sometimes I forget to really tell her that. So Harmony, this blog is for you (because you requested I write!) I love you. I really do.

2 comments:

Harmony Moore said...

Thank you...

Anonymous said...

Thanks. Im Inspired again.

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States