Wednesday, May 28, 2008

JUST START

I have been talking to a lot of people about how to follow through with what you start. It is so easy to sit and dream without any action. To write and talk about topics I want to change. But how do I start, how do I change?

The answer is simply to start. Not to think. Not to plan. But to start. I love writing but so many others struggle with even small writing assignments, I tell them to start them... but when they complain and say "Heather, I just dont know where to start." My answer is always the same "The way to start writing is to start writing. Put your pen to the paper or your fingers to the keyboard and just write."

My friend, well my little sister, Sharell Zier, she always talks sense into me. She told me in essense the very thing I tell every other person. START.

I am not out to go against authority and change everything I know. I am not interested in morphing the good into what I want it to be. I just want to change what needs changed. Bring life to the dead. No amount of preparation can help me. I just have to start.

No comments:

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States