Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Worth

You asked your father to take the cup, he knew you were strong enough to keep it. You had it in you to bear the shame, the consequences that instead bore my name. Were you thinking of me at the insance a kiss was placed on your cheek? Were you really dreaming of the lowly and the meek?When you were led away in the darkness of night, did you see my face? I am sorry that for me you had to be a disgrace. As the whip slashed your back, and you winced in seizing pain... you chose to keep your head high. I read the story and imagine the sceen... but time after time I just cant help from wondering why. Why did you do it for me? You limped to the cross, bloody and weak. You were swollen and weary yet the scorners urged you to leap. I imagine you thought about leaving and letting it all go, that you played with the idea of quitting. But you... you knew you could not. You knew that it had to be his plan, not yours. You knew that you had to do it for this girl. I am valuable enough. Although I am a sinner, a loser, a confused little girl you hung facing the crowd seeing much more. You looked into my life at all the things I could be, you probably closed your eyes and thought of me. Just me. You took the sins of my life and of every other, you bore them upon yourself and simply took it... because of me. With your last breath, I believe that you were thinking of me.
...
I have value because I am HIS. In his infinate wisdom, Christ spent his last days on earth thinking of me. He spent them just as specifically thinking about Sharell, and of my neice Ellanor and President Bush and Hannah Montana. But I dont believe that he saw a "sea of faces", I believed that he visualized me personally... and you. That is how he is. His thoughts are higher than our thoughts, and that is that.


I can not think less of myself becuase he did not. It does not matter what the world thinks or what other people say... becuase I know that the God of the universe sent his son, to die for me. That is all I need to know.

3 comments:

836525 said...

I think you are right, He did see each of us. Somehow. I think that is the only thing that would have kept Him up there, on that cross.

FLOWERS said...

I'm sorry but i would have to disagree. that all sounds good. we what to think that we were the ones that made him stay up on the cross. but i believe it was only the love of the father that kept him up there. the obedience to Him. you said it when Jesus said not my will but your be done. that was total submission to the father.
john 3:16 says it for GOD so loved the world that he sent his SON. the father loved us. but Jesus is God so he did love us, but as the son he was being obedient to God.

Heather W. said...

your right Nathan in that his devotion to the father was so huge. I am not trying to create a theological debate, I didnt study the scripture enough to make a statement of truth... I just am seeing my worth. God, who is Christ, is ever present, ominisicent, omnipotent. He is everywhere and everything. He is always thinking of me, just me... and of everyone else. He did die for my sins, he would not have bore them if not for his love of me.

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States