Thursday, July 24, 2008

Fulfillment

From where does fulfillment come? It comes from above, from perfection. Fulfillment is the reaching point of satisfaction, the place where a substance can contain no more, the top. Fulfillment is the answering of a question and the breathe of freash air. Perfection is seekable not not nearly attainable.

I seek to be fulfilled and satisfied beyond my most dreamed up imaginations. I seek fulfillment. I think we all do actually, we all want to be fulfilled. But how can we be fullfilled without something in which that desire has a place to be filled? We must first be empy to be filled, like a cup, we must have a limit for it to reach its fulness. So I must be an empty person with a limit to be fulfilled.

How many people walk with broken glasses that are not able to be filled because the item seeking to fulfill is actually crawling out the seems? How many people try to pour in the filling to fast, just to watch it all drain out? Others I think walk only with open hands, holding no cup, they seek to be full, but they hold nothing in which it can fill.

I want to be that cup, but limitless. I want God to fulfill me over and over. I want to be full of him, and I want him to fill me. I will be filled full of him yet never be satisfactorly fulfilled, because I always will desire more.

No comments:

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States