Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Lord Knows

I am reading a book by one of my favorite Authors, Elisabeth Elliot. It is called Let me be a Woman. Anyways, I will give a book report on it when I finish, for now I just want to quote a story she gives...

"[Gladys Aylward] told of how when she was a child she had two great sorrows. One, that while all her friends had beautiful golden hair, hers was black. The other, that while her friends were still growing, she stoppoed. She was four feet ten inches tall. But when at last she reached the country to which God had called her to be a missionary, she stood on the wharf in Shanghai and loked around at the people to whom he had called her.

Every single one of them' she said 'had black hair. And every single one of them had stopped growing when I did. And I said, 'Lord, You know what you are doing!"

Oh it just made me think about how many of us, myself included, find things about ourselves that we jut dont understand, but all the while the Lord knows just what he is doing!

1 comment:

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States