Sunday, August 16, 2009

The Beach

S5002547 P2070687

I drove to Florence via the coast route, I think that is Hwy 101? It was really pretty and I am glad that the state has preserved this old highway, I hope they continue to preserve it. I had fun watching all the travelers and tourists and first time Oregon Coasters. The light houses, the sail boats, the sandy kids, the smell of salt water toffee and kettle corn. I’ve always liked the beach, liked looking at it, but I have never wanted to live there. I just don’t think I would enjoy it too much. I like that the coast here is cold, and foggy… I would prefer to be here during a storm than any other day! Being at the beach just reminds me of all the beach trips I have taken….

P3300035 P6120089 P2090062 

P4180339

3 comments:

Harmony Moore said...

Hey! That second picture is of MY husband! I know those legs!

I do believe that is Lake Michigan's beach... is it not? Were you there?!

Heather W. said...

That is your husband! We were at Lake Michigan right before you popped out the youngest Moore. I have a whole folder of pictures from that trip, but none of me at the beach... and I liked this one. :)

Sharell said...

Hey.. I know that picture of us.. and THAT beach trip.. Isn't that the one when I changed in the parking lot?

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States