Sunday, January 4, 2009

Monopoly and the man and stuff

I've been getting into trouble for not blogging.... well not a lot has happened. Outside of getting snowed in, seeing Santa, working a whole lots, making double batches of gingerbread men, hanging with my sister and my totally cool nephews and David and gorgeous Ellenor, cleaning my car, not finishing my parents Christmas present, going to the movie theatre a couple times, making a bazillion hats, shopping, more snow, more work, more cookies....... outside of all that stuff I haven't been too busy. :)

The MAN came into outback again, the same night the GYPSIES returned. It was a few weeks ago, but I made a mental note to blog about it. I learn that the Man only became a paraplegic after a tragic accident in his teenage years. He spoke at my co-workers high school and she told me part of his story... he is now an inspirational speaker. The Gypsies were fun and happy and a little culturally rude (but then again so am I when I am in another culture) - but I like seeing them. I like being nice to them and not joining in the crappy gossip the rest of the staff give them behind the scenes.

On the night it snowed the most I made a fire outside with Heather. It snowed like 4 inches while we were out there with our hot tea and shooting flames. It was a really fun night, Heather then got stuck at my house for the next 3 days.... that was cool.

My sister came to see me. OK well she didn't necessarily come to see me, but she did see me. She really came for Christmas, for Grammy. But during the 5 days they were here, I got to hold Ellenor lots and lots and dress her in the super cute clothes I got her.... and I responded to every "Auntie Heather.... read Me book..... Auntie Heather..... Play with me..." And I got to joke with David about the silly Oreo Snowman Tin. HAHAHA.

I've played 4 games of monopoly in 2 weeks, I am 50/50.... so I need one more game so I can win.

Amanda (my super favorite cousin) came down yesterday. We called Grammy to see if we could come hang out with her.... we decided that since we don't have guys, and that Grammy is better than any guy, that we need to spend valentines day with her. (so were thinking a little far off yes) So we called her and were like....

"Grammy we need a babysitter valentines weekend. Can you babysit us?"
"What are you talking about? you don't need a babysitter? who told you that? your mother?"
"No Grammy, we neeeeeeeeeeed a babysitter and you are our favorite babysitter."
"Well I don't know what your talking about."
"Were talking about you babysitting us. Can we come valentines weekend?"
"Well..... I'll think about it. I just don't know what you girls are up to.

Haha I guess you would have to know my Grammy to understand the significance and hilarity of that conversation. OF Course she wants us! but she knows were up to something. haha.


Hmmm that about sums up the past month... New Years resolution: Write more than once a month on blog. :)

1 comment:

Harmony Moore said...

Hey! You wrote something! You wrote SOMETHING! Okay. I'll go read it.

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States