Monday, November 12, 2007

What is she really doing over there?



Some of you might be wondering what I do here. If we only have like “2” outreaches a week and teaching once a day, am I just chilling? Was your support worth it? Now I am not just chilling, and yet it was wroth it. I wish I could begin to describe what we do here, but words don’t do it justice. Pretty much, I am learning a lifestyle. I am learning how to let my heart tick with Gods. How to use every moment to benefit him. I read books, I rest in Him. I take daily walks in the bitter cold air and survey his beauty and he tells me of my beauty. We have amazing worship together. We meet in small groups to just talk about the week, we have fellowship. I spend much time in the kitchen and I see it as a way to honor my King. I see everything that I cook as a gift for the King. That is how I think of it as I prepare the feasts for dinner, or the beautiful deserts. God doesn’t care if it is perfect, it is the condition of my hear that he looks at.


We are learning to be receptive to the prophetic realm, how to hear Gods voice in our life and how to speak life into others. No one is left out, no one is too young. I am gaining a life long heart for missions, living with so many other people representing varying cultures. I see people in a different light, I don’t judges as quickly, I don’t withdraw as far. What I am doing here is preparing me fore life. Just like school prepares you for work, this prepares me for life. I know that from here I will be equipped, more ready to do what I am called to. I will never perfect my calling, I will always continue learning, but this is a great time of growth.


I am learning how to share my vision with god, not to have my own, but to let his become mine. If I am in tune wit him, I will hear his heart, he will grab hold of mine and they will gently beat in tune. I want to not be on my own, I want to not walk the path alone, I want him to be my guide, if I follow him through the darkness he will lead me, he has walked this before and knows, he knows and I will trust him always. I will follow him anywhere.


So what I am doing here is not in vain. What I am doing here will not last for a few months. This is not like a one week mission trip that fires me up then melts after the wick burns… this is igniting an eternal flame. I am not just on an energy trip - like the energizer bunny. I am not on a high that will fall, because not everything here has been a high. I don’t have to be always running with excitement to be following my King. I will have bad days, but the fire is still there. I am learning how to keep the flame going when it wants to die. For those of you that have invested in me, thank you. It was a well worth investment and I promise that it was not a waste of your time. I am doing all I can to make the most of this opportunity so that it might increase the kingdom of God.

1 comment:

Harmony Moore said...

Is that the outline of your jeans on the snow?

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States