Sunday, November 4, 2007

Prayer and Outreach

Just a quick update. In about 3 weeks our group is taking a short outreach trip to Romania. It is a few hours drive from hear and we will be traveling by vans for the 4 day trip.

We will be teaming up with a couple from Hungary that we work with at times that are missionaries to the Gypsy people. We will be working with Gypsy Hungarians that live in a small village in Romania. We will spend 3 days doing outreaches for them. We are beginning to prepare music, dramas, dances, and sermons. I have been asked to lead up the kids ministries. I have accepted this challenge and greatly look forward to the amazing opportunity. Ministry will be geared towards everyone, except for the preaching times, it will be at that point that me and my team will separate and take the kids to play games with them, speak on their level. I don’t have very much information yet, I don’t know if I will have a translator, how many kids there will be or what materials I might have. But I do know that it will be an intense time.


God has given us this trip to help prepare us for our real outreach. We will be going the weekend of November 24, yes thanksgiving. So for those of you that are prayer warriors, his is a major area to be prayed over.

Also other things that could use prayer. Our group really needs unity. There is a lot of cliques going on here and underlying challenges that could turn into problems. There is a sense of disrespect and possibly some other things. We need to be united totally in order for us to properly corporate as a group. Thank you to all of you who pray, it is surly noticed.

No comments:

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States