Monday, June 7, 2010

My Field

You might recall this post, about my field. Well, like two weeks ago I decided to go to it. And there was a house. In my field. The construction crew were out there, pounding away. In my field. I want to run to them and scream and tell them that they were building in my field, trespassing on my land. But that was not so. I had to let them build that house right there in  my field. The kitchen was atop my little hill. With windows overlooking my railroad tracks and wheat fields and endless skies. But, it really wasn’t mine.

Today, I found a new field. It almost equals my other field. but this field runs under the power lines and is in a preserved area, I don’t think there is much chance of a house being build here. Thank you God, for my field.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a bummer! Hahahaha. I'd be disappointed, too!

I'm glad you found another.

And the photo of your new field looks perfect with the background of your blog. =)

Ed Ziebart said...

Can I see your new field some time?

I can imagine your shock at this travesty. Like when I went back to see my old house in Vancouver and they had cut the trees down, paved a parking lot, and turned the house into pond shop! Scandalous and heart-wrenching!
`mama

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States