Saturday, June 26, 2010

1190

Your listening to 1190, KEX, Home of Rush Limbaugh. and  Dr. Laura Schlessinger. Your one stop stop for traffic/news/weather together. Brining you the best, when you need to hear it.

I feel hot. But the cold can of Mt. Dew between my legs is numbing my thighs. I smell sour cream and onion ruffles. I want  to ask if I will be getting a “youllsee” today.I am sitting in the front seat! After all, a truck only has one seat.  My seatbelt is sticky and there are sunflower seeds stuck to my salt water sandals. My fingers are fiddling with some pocket knife that I can open but not close.

I am with my Daddy. We are running errunds. Checking on a job site. And stopping at the grocery store to pick up more than the needed items. And its wonderful.

I listen to KEX now in the afternoons to check my traffic/news and weather together … And I think I am still that little girl. I am still sitting in the front seat and wondering if I will get myself a “youll see.”  Its just a little different. Thank you KEX. And, Thank you Daddy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

1190 KEX, Where Traffic and Weather Come First!

Oh, this post makes me want to laugh and cry all at the same time! I know! I KNOW! I remember.

Good times, these.

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States