Tuesday, June 22, 2010

#6

I finished the Anne of Green Gables Series. It took me about a year and a half, because I had to slowly track down and purchase the series book by book, I own all but one – I borrowed that one from Harmony. I even read the pre-quil, written by L.M. Montgomerys Grandson. And I read the Last book, The Road to Yesterday. The last book is not always included in series because it does not focus on the main characters but rather others from the Community.

My favorite of the books was #4, Anne of Windy Poplars. Montgomery wrote this book 20 years after she finished the series because her readers wanted more detail. It is a book of letters between Anne and Gilbert from the 3 years they were apart before marriage. This book, more than the others really focuses on their characters. After this book, Gilberts Character all but disappears.

I am glad to have read the series so spread out, it helped me not get caught up in the unreality of it. Because no mom, Anne is not real. :) I deeply appreciate this series and feel that every girl should read it.

My conclusions :

Having the middle name Anne is pretty cool.

Some day I want to name my son Blythe.

The cookbook with recipes from the book is really cool. (Thanks Sarah!)

The movies are really true to the works.

Oh, and I didn’t tell you the best part! Did you know that Anne and I share the same Birthday? March 5. I knew we were Kindred Spirits! After I read this and screamed, I called my mom and told her the coolest thing ever happened! Her response? “Honey, cooler things will come.” Yes mom, cooler things will come, but this one is pretty cool.

1 comment:

Mandy Mucci said...

I think I should read this series, I've always loved the movies. May I borrow the first?

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States