Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bliss

nakedCoconut[1]

So I won this contest on Laura’s blog to try a free pint of Coconut Bliss. Its a gluten, dairy, soy free ice cream. Tonight I took my coupon into Fred Meyers and redeemed it for my free pint. I was a bit discouraged to find that my only two options were Naked and Dark Chocolate, and seeing that I am not much of a Chocolate fan, I opted for the Naked.

We ate it in the car, my two aunts, Grammy and I (with spoons we took from the deli) and we enjoyed it very much. I am not a huge fan of the texture of coconut, though I love the flavor. This straight up coconut taste reminded me very much of being in Thailand and drinking Coconut Milk Shakes. (Not too ironic seeing that the farm Luna and Larry purchase their coconuts from is in Thailand!)

I am a big fan of the after affect it had on me …NOTHING! About three years ago I gave up milk and found my asthma to almost disappear. Ice Cream has always been my favoritist of things … but after I got use to not having the dairy, my body stopped craving ice cream … but my mouth did not! I had no flem, no problem breathing, no stomach ach! I will be going to the store very soon (this time I will take the drive out to Whole Foods) So that I can try the Cappuccino! I recommend this product to anyone.

1 comment:

Kiley said...

I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed the Naked Coconut & it got along with you!
Both Whole Foods & New Seasons should stock all of our flavors, the Cappuccino is a flavor for coffee lovers-enjoy!
Kiley @ Coconut Bliss

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States