Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Santa Rosa.

Two weeks ago I flew down to California to spend time with my Sister and her Family, have I told you what a delight those kids are? Solomon, Benjamin and Ellenor, you make a very proud Aunt! One day Harmony went to take a nap, I opted to take the boys to the park.

Solomon: Mama, I think I would like to show Auntie Heather the rose garden, and maybe we could bring some books and lay quietly in the grass.

Mama: Well Solomon, you would have to ask Auntie Heather.

Me:Solomon, I would LOVE to take you to a rose garden and lay in the grass and read books with you! Benjamin, would you like that?

Benjamin: Yes … if we could have a snack too.

And so we went and smelled the roses. And read books about horses. And laid in the grass. And ate a snack. And had a delightful two hours. How many 4 and 5 year old boys do you know that would enjoy such and adventure?

And Ellenor … she calls me Eegers. We are friends again, before she would call me Grandma when on the phone … now she knows who I am … perhaps my status of favorite Aunt is returning?

2 comments:

Matt or Hallie said...

I would KILL for my kids to say the want to lay quietly in the grass and read books. Maybe if they HAD grass somewhere around them.... Anyway, it is about time to hang around those cool cousins again for some positive peer pressure. Zoe is into veggies again and I credit it all to Solomon and Bice. Yup.

Matt or Hallie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States