Monday, October 19, 2009

Fall in Oregon.


Today I flew home from a short trip to California with my volleyball team. I don't very much like California.
As the plane began decsent my eyes wandered out the window as they usually do, but I believe that today was the most magnificent landing I have ever experienced on an airplane. Flying north over my favorite downtown I began to count bridges, the plane viered left to make a sharp right, placing us on the west hills outside of the city. Below, all I could see was hundreds and hundreds of trees. This is always such a welcoming sight, to fly into Oregon and to see the trees, the green... but today it was not green, it was very similar to this picture. Down below was a golden sea and it was magnificent! I grabbed Sally and Hannahs attention and we all peered like little children in awe of Fall. Over Suavy Island we flew, noticing this years "Trail Blazer" cut out shape on the hay maze. The rivers, the boats, the cotton candy clouds, but oh the trees.
Thank you Lord for letting ME live here, in such and amazing city, a place that I appreciate and crave thrill in.

4 comments:

Katy said...

I miss being in Oregon for the Fall. Luckily the part of California I'm in is still quite beautiful in the fall, but its nothing like Oregon.

Heather W. said...

Katy, when I wrote this note, I was totally thinking about you! Not many people read this, and 2 of my readers (you and my sister, who both live in Santa Rosa) are in California... but I know that you both love Oregon like I do. But yes, the Nappa Valley is a beautiful place too.

Harmony said...

Katy, you live in Santa Rosa? Or are you at PUC?

Harmony said...

NAPA, sis!

I read this right after you wrote it, I'll have you know, Heather. =) But I'm back to tell you that I MISS Oregon in the fall.

This afternoon the kids and I went up to the Luther Burbank gardens on the corner, and lay forever under a ginkgo biloba tree. It's called "Autumn Gold"--and fit the name. Totally satiated my need to soak in the autumn. =)

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States