Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Autum in P-town

Yesterday I had a day all to myself and it was amazing! It started in the Hollywood district with a stop off at Trader Joe's to pick up a few more boxes of the amazing pumpkin pancake mix (just making sure there is enough to get through the season). I purposefully left my bag in the car so that I would have to buy one inside and splurged to buy the brown one I have had my eye on for a while now. ( I was unable to find a picture of it online to show you all...
Then I had breakfast at Panera Bread, which is becoming one of my most favorite of places, and how convenient that it was right next door to Trader Joe's! I had a pumpkin "Muffie", just like a little muffin thing.
I drove and parked at Lloyd Center and found it odd to be in the place we use to go every day after Thanksgiving, I watched the Double Tree Inns elevator go up and down in its elegant style. The max dropped me off at China town and I walked for an hour and a half seeking out a great coffee shop to do homework. Well, I got lost in Powells books, found Voodoo Donuts, almost bought a dress at Avalon and fed 29 pigeons at Pioneer Square. The max too me back to my car 20 minutes before my four hour time limit was up. I drove next to Mt. Tabor which is super close to my school and did most of my homework, until a dude with a really loud drum interrupted my Spanish pronunciation exercises. Back in the car, to Hawthorne, another attempt at a cool coffee shop. Didn't find one. I sat in the little coffee shop attached to "Powells Hawthorne" and finished up my Pentateuch. I want to go back to Hawthorne.
Gas prices lowered. I bought pumpkin creamer at Safeway. I went back to the dorms and found everyone back from Mid-Semester Break! I watched 7 episodes of the first season of Boy Meets World, Set up the empty room in our hall into a hang out room and went to bed.
I am so glad I live in Portland!

4 comments:

Katy said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I love days like that! Oh and from what I've read... I think your a little obsessed with pumpkin lol.

Heather W. said...

HA! Ok... I am a little obsessed. On the 31, I am having pumpkin day! I am going to a patch, and then making and eating everything pumpkin!

Harmony said...

It is as if you tried to fit all of Portland into one day! Wish I could have been there with you!

Heather W. said...

Just in case anyone is interested... I took those pictures with my phone! (Since I dont see much of a point for cameras these days.... except for my wish for one this week...) But the one in the previous blog... I took that off the internet, it was used just as an illistration. I felt the need to state that on here so that I didnt melt in my guilt of pledgerism.

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States