Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Harvest Time

I want to write on one specific topic today, Harvest. Many of you who know me well have heard me say “God is calling me to be a farmer, he is calling me to plant seeds.” I have spoken this way for some years now, knowing that God was just calling me to do His will, outside of seeing the rewards of that plant.

I learned this lesson when in Mexico. The missionaries told us that the week would be full of planting seeds, that we would probably not see salvation. I learned to live off of seeing the future, off of taking joy of what was to come. What got me through that trip without being discouraged was the fact that I could see our influence begin to work in some of the kids, one boy in particular we all know is called to be a pastor, so I feel blessed by the fact that I had a chance to plant a seed in him.

But especially this past year, I have worked and worked, doing the things God has asked, and at times I have wanted to be discouraged because I was seeing no fruits to my labors, I wanted to be discouraged, then God would remind me that I was just a farmer and that the harvest was coming.

When God called me to Budapest, I will admit I was slightly confused, I thought that it was time for the harvest and now he was sending me away? The answer is YES! Upon arriving here I learned that the focus and name of my DTS is “Preparing for the harvest” and during our first worship service together we sang a song about rain, let the rain fall and a prophecy was spoken. The prophecy talked about how you cant have a harvest without rain.

I am not a seed in the harvest, I am a field full of seeds. Every seed that has been planted in me over the years is going to be in this harvest. From Sunday school teachers, to my family, close friends and so many others. Every person who chose to spend time investing in my life will be included in this harvest. This is why I have spent so many years planting seeds in others - for the harvest.

My name means “a flower that often grows in rocky places.” I find it intriguing that so many seeds could grow in this rocky place. I also have spent my life in love with rain, I find that not a coincidence, but more of God preparing me. The past month God has asked me to focus on him, not others problems. If I would focus on him things in others lives would begin to be resolved. Now I understand. I needed to come here for the harvest. Once the harvest starts in me it will start in all my seeds, in all the planters of seeds in my life. I have been called to be a planter because I was full of seeds, now for such a time as this the Harvest will begin. I am preparing for it. Get ready because I am learning and growing. This is why I am here.

No comments:

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States