Friday, October 12, 2007

Home


It has been requested of me that I blog again, it is sometimes hard for me to remember that you don’t know what I am doing here unless I tell you . This week has begun to get a little busier, we have started 2 outreaches. On Tuesdays I gather with a small group of 2 or 3 others and we take sandwiches to the homeless, there are multiple small groups of us all over the city. We are slightly discouraged by the fact that we don’t speak the language but we can smile and pray, we pray that they would see something different in us. We hope to get some Hungarian tracts to put inside of the sandwiches for next week. It is cool because they don’t come to us, we go to them. In my group last week though I had a guy that spoke Hungarian with us, so he was able to communicate and translate for us. We got to pray with like 10 people. One man was in high spirits and just wanted to talk, so we sat on the ground on his corner with him for at least a half hour, we planted a seed. One woman was sitting with her head down, obviously crying or very sad, so we approached her at first she was apprehensive. I was able to pray with her, although I don’t know what was going on with her, she was smiling when we left. To me it was worth it. After that small trip I was excited and am now full of ideas for next time, how to make it better, how to reach more people.


On Thursdays we do big group outreach at a large city square. We set up sound and did music, preaching and testimonies. We had quite the crowd and wonderful results. 3 people accepted Christ and 1 Muslim showed a desire to know more about God and he was very excited when we gave him a Bible. We are learning how to work together as a group, what gifts we have to offer and will soon have a strong outreach which will be beneficial in training us for our large 3 month outreach which will begin in December. This weeks topic was evangelism, very fitting concerning the fact that we started doing some outreach type things this week as well.


I am very acclimated to being here, it is home. Well I mean I am use to the idea I will be here a long time. It is not home, home is really where my friends and family are, it is the place that has my bedroom, my bed, my books. So then again I guess this is becoming home, I have friends that are becoming family, I have a bedroom, a bed and books. But if you really want to get to the bottom of it, my home is not here, or in Oregon. My home resides in the heavens, beyond anything I can imagine or fathom. My home is with my Father in Heaven, so I cant get to acclimated to anything on this earth because soon I will truly go home and that will be all that matters.

Yes I miss home, but that is because it is all I know. God didnt tell some to go travel the world, he said "Go, ye therefore into all the world and preach the gospel..." it was a command, some of the last words he spoke on this earth. He also said, "store up treasures in Heaven" That is what I want. I miss peanut butter and my cell phone and Ming Yang, and so many others. But, I want more than anything to be here with Jesus, my beautiful Jesus.

1 comment:

Harmony Moore said...

Thanks, Heather! ;)

But, Ming Yang? Well, to each her own.

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States