Thursday, September 27, 2007

I still cant believe I live in Europe

So I continue to love live here. It is like I live here, well I guess I do. I am slowly adapting to the community style of living. I am the dinner girl and with one other, we prepare dinner for 25 people, fun experience considering what we have to work with. 1 refridgerator, one stove (can only fit 2 pans), then we have to carry all the food from the 3rd story kitchen to the 1st story dining room. so much fun.

Right now we dont have a dryer, just a washer. in order for everyone to do laundery you have to do 6 loads a day, then they have to dry by hanging. i hope we get a dryer, how do you hang dry outside in the winter?

Our schedule is pretty light. we have breakfast at 7, then personal devotion time. We have one class in the morning. we have one speaker per week who focuses on one topic. this week we are learning about world view, so much i never realized. I didnt know I had a worldview. It is everything I have grown up with, what my church has taught me.

then we have lunch, which is always sandwhichs. That is ok for now, but I hear we will get very tired of it. In the afternoon we have work duties, such as cleaning, or cooking. Like i previously mentioned, my duty is dinner. So I have some time off in the afternoons which i spend doing this - writing. It seems like a light schedule, but we are beginning to fill it. This week is more orientation, we will start some outreach things next week as we begin to know more of where God is leading us. this week we are getting to know each other, praying together and learning the city. I still cant believe i live in Europe.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

Heather...

Oh my cousin! How are you doing my love? I hope everything is going okay for you sounds like it is amazing!!!!!!! I am jelous and wish that i could be travling as well...

Just thought that I would let you know that I have a blog site as well...

I love you so much and I am praying for you daily.

Cant wait to hear about your lovely experiences!!!

Your favorite cousin...
Kristy Z

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States