Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday Scones

I woke up
and drank a cup of
Traditional Medicines Throat Coat tea
while sitting in my orange chair
straining my eyes
around the back of the building
through the window
glimpsing the rising sun
and the morning clouds.
Pancakes in the lower lounge
with the commuters
and jam.
A drive with Sarah Jones
to a new part of Portland
at a restaurant
called "Cup and Saucer.
Coffee in my hands
Scones on the table
Conversation
about the faithfulness of God.
Sitting now at the desk
I just bought myself Birks online
after all my credit card said I get double cash back
just because its almost my birthday.
Its still sunny.
I painted my toenails.
I have a pile of cards to fill out and write.
Date tonight with Katie Stephens.
Chelsea's birthday is today.
Its Saturday.
This is exactly as a Saturday should be
scones and all.

5 comments:

Katy said...

Sounds like a wonderful Saturday :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Hi my love! It's your favorite cousin! Okay, so I want to see you when I come in April. Actually, I WILL see you :)

Abbey said...

I've been drinking Throat Coat too. I miss you. It's been almost a year since I came to visit!

Unknown said...

Oh my deary! What an absolute perfect day!

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States