Sunday, February 7, 2010

Presence of the Lord

Sharell and I were driving home from a late night beach trip discussing the wonders and grace of God. How is it that we are where we are? That we grew up following and loving Jesus and still do. So many people are not following what they once were. Why us? It is by the grace of God. By praying parents. By a church that laid hands. By youth pastors wives and teachers who looked us in the eyes and told us we were going to make it.

Sharell said she never gave up because she knows there is just something more, something better. In every instance she has been so close to just throwing in the towel, she has been too curious as to what the Lord has in store for her.

I’ve never given up because I’ve never been outside of the presence of the Lord. I don’t know anything other than him. At times the world has looked appealing and depression has called my name … but I was too fearful to step outside the bounds of his presence. “Where can I go to flee from your presence?… even in the depths of the sea you are there …”

Gone are my fears of sharing my testimony. My testimony is my story, and my story is that of the presence of the Lord. I want to share it and continue in it and revel in it.

I am 20 and I don’t have very many answers. Many factors show that I should not be where I am. But I am here. And in the presence of the Lord I will stay.

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States