Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Party.

I had a party tonight. It was probably the best I have ever thrown. I don't throw magnificent parties, we don't have hoping music or entertainment or even really a set schedule, but we have fun. Its been a long time since my group from high school as gotten together, I really wanted tonight to be special. Marshall was home for two more days before heading back to Florida. Josh was here making sure everyone knew that Mal was his WIFE! Darian came, its been a long time since we have seen each other! Nathan brought Andrea, he was like a new person! He was animated and super social, way to go Andrea!

17 people came tonight. 9/11 of my graduation class, plus some. Its great to see that two and a half years later, we can begin to look past our differences and possibly pursue friendships. These may not be the people I spend the bulk of my time with, but I do love them and want them in my life. I realized yesterday that one of my friendships might be over, but I am glad that I figured it out. I think I have been falsely clinging to the possibility of repeating the past, when I know there is no truth in that.

My sister still likes to have reunions of her old "group." Its not super often, but when it does happen, it is usually good. I mean, we are told "the friendship you have in high school wont last." Well I think there is only some truth to that statement. My closest friendships came out of high school. And of the other friendships, we are not close, but we are still friends, they are still people I would stop in the grocery store to talk to. I mean, we lived community together for 6 years some of us, no wonder we want to continue pursing relationships.

No comments:

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States