Sunday, March 15, 2009

1 year

March 10 marked the one year anniversary of me being home. Those of you who know me, know what I am talking about. Haha, its like I judge time by how far before or after it was from Hungary. Maybe I do do that, I judge time by my trips, and that was the biggest of trips. Hmmmm.

Anyways, I was thinking about a year ago, you should go check out some of my blogs from then. I wrote that sitting in the Seatle Airport. In the United States of America. 2 hours from HOME.

Some of it seems pretty silly to me now, what a big deal it all was. I love that I live in a time and culture where traveling is normal, where people dont make any big deal of me saying "I think I am going to go to China." And I am! If all goes well I will be there in June to visit my wonderful family.

When I got home last year, I claimed I would not be culture shocked. Oh but I was, the longer I was home the more shock that seemed to follow. Yes it was all as I rememberd, but I could just not seem to live the way that I had rememberd.

Last year Matthew and Hallie were living here. Zoe slept in the room right across from mine. I spent every day trying to find a job. My friends were all in school. I had no idea what I was doing with my life. Part of me wanted to go back to Budapest. I was pretty lazy for a while, and completely un-motivated.

Well, I have a job (3 actually) and a car, and I have plans for my future, and I am an only child again, and I am busy, and I am absolutly loving life. I have short hair. I am 20. I am starting to gain some authority and leadership again. Heather says I look so much older, I think I kinda do. I still dont like being called a Woman, that sounds like old and ... blah.

Some days, like today, I miss YWAM. I miss the community and the people and the smells and the noise. But I am so happy to be here, it is where I need to be for now.

No comments:

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States