Thursday, September 18, 2008

Bridging

It has been one year since I last saw my baby blanket before it mysteriously and tragically dissapeared. Since I was still considered a "graduate", I lived in the big bedroom and before my pasport had many stamps. Since I was part of youth group and wore my favorite purple/red shirt that also mysteriously and tragically disspeared (not near as tragic as the baby blanket forever lost with the dryer socks. ) Its been a year since wanting to simplify my life and now actually having it simplified.

It was this thursday last year that I was on an airplane to Budapest Hungary - a place forlorn to my mind. Exactly 365 days ago, to this very hour, I was sitting on an airplane, not sleeping, but waiting, wishing, listening. I dont remember much of that trip, I didnt journal during it or about it, I think my anticipation of the coming days made time pass rather quickly. I do remember that last week home though.... more vivedly than maybe any other, even one of being gone... But today, one year ago, that week was over.

It seems like a long year ago, I guess it was... but six months doesnt seem far from now - not as far as those six months were. How so very different I am today than I was last year. Those anticipated experiences are now past experiences, what a grasping concept. I am sure many of you are tired of me talking about "my trip," but it was a big part of my life, it was my life, and it affects my life still...

I feel I have grown emensly, I jumped out of an airplane so to speak, a jump that took loads of faith, I landed on a bridge, the chain bridge to be exact. That bridge spoke to me and stretched me and moved me. And when I passed it a
final time something in me was stiring - and it has been churning ever since. It keeps speaking to me, and wouldnt you know I came home and joined a college group called "The Bridge." Ya, seriously.

I am excited about this bridge too. I took my big adventure, got it out of my system in a way, and now I am home, to dwell and think and be.

What will I be writing today next year?

2 comments:

Abbey said...

I left home a year ago, and I still haven't found it again.

mama said...

I am glad you went...that you found the chain bridge...that it became the "bridge" between your past and future...and all God wants to do with you next...and in the year and years, to come. Hmmm...this time next year? Only God knows...revealed bit by bit...but it will be crazy good! And I will love seeing it all...'cause it will be designed by Him, only for you.

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States