Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Confidant

Yes, we have the same name … and yes we get many jokes because of it. But no, we are not twins. Who names their twins the same name anyway?? One of the downsides of having a best friend with the same name of you is that you can’t switch back and forth between first and third person very smoothly … it just doesn’t make sense.

Heather (speaking in first person here of not myself) has been a constant in my life for ten years now, that may not sound like much to you older folk … but to a girl of twenty two, a decade is a long time. Though there is no Chuckie Cheese Barbie themed party this year, (embarrassing blast to the past of our 15th!) I do enjoy thinking about today, March 29th, as her birthday.

I love that I have a best friend who is as cool* as she is. She collects tea cups, and likes antique stores and wants a log cabin bed in her house one day. She likes blue. She has a cell phone* and her license* and a sweet grandpa car to drive. She likes Gov cup chai and hot dogs with tuna*, and cheese itz and my cooking. Although she can’t really pull off most hats*, she wears boots and totally owns them! She has a mom who calls me daughter #2 and a family who accept me as another member. (They even let me stay with them while I was sick on Christmas!) She listens to broadway soundtracks and takes Sunday afternoon naps and wants to visit Europe. She watches Say Yes to the Dress and plans on having a whole bunch of kids* and raising them as naturally as possible. She is more of a recycling tree hugger than I am. She likes frisbee golf and basketball and volleyball. She is a jr. high basketball coach, has been to state in the shot put (and volleyball), and is a stinkin forest technician! She is going to school to be a teacher and loves kids books and is really smart at math. When she leaves her hair natural, it curls, and she just got these new glasses that are just so awesome! She really good at listening to me talk, and talk, and talk, and talk… and talk. She loves a “good story”* and is really good at rummy* and helped me to love country music. She is friends with my friends*, so really… they are our friends. Even when she is alone, she goes to church, and strives to follow the Lords direction with her life. She loves with constancy and is lives with consistency. She is an optimistic, encouraging, introverted, Woman of God and I am proud to call her my best friend, and honored that I am hers as well.

No comments:

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States