Sunday, April 18, 2010

#12

Tonight we finished our game. Its been 16 months, I’ll admit, we thought it would take longer. It was Christmas break 2008, and Heather got snowed in at my house. In order to escape boredom we started a two person game of rummy … playing to 10,000. If you don’t know, an average hand of rummy gets each person about 100 points … so you can see how many games we have had to play. Pretty much every time we have seen each other in the past year and half we have played, even if it just for like 15 minutes. It’s been what we did!

About a month ago I realized that we needed something to play for. So we created this: If I won, Heather had to make me any dinner I wanted and get me a shirt that declared my winning. If Heather won, I have to go on any hike she wants for a weekend campout.

Heather won. I played “We are the Champion's” and she did a happy dance. She told me I need to start working out cause we are going hiking soon. I am a little scared. But then, I realized that an overnight hiking trip is on my list too, #9.

Final score? 10,100 to 9,825. Now that we are done … what are we going to do when we are together? Well … we are looking at starting a new game … just not rummy. Oh, and I plan on winning this time.

4 comments:

Ed Ziebart said...

This is so funny! I am amazed that you two really did it! What a fun goal to have had...can't wait to see what the next game is! Love you two! ~ mama

Mandy Mucci said...

Oh you are a true Ziebart to the core, except you LOST! Haha, enjoy the new game!

Unknown said...

Oh Heather, you know you WILL enjoy your back packing trip! You have an awesome instructor going with you! : )

Unknown said...

Oh Heather! You two are going to have a blast back packing! You have an awesome instructor who will NOT lose you! : )

Me

Portland, Oregon, United States